The new Citroen C4 Cactus is Citroen’s answer to a crossover, a fashion statement and a designer’s dream rolled into one.
Starting from GBP12,990, with three trim levels (Touch, Feel and Flair) and 6 different engines on offer, you can’t miss the distinctive Airbump design, a designer panel laid over the driver and passenger door. Depending on the trim, the Airbump is available in two colour options, black and dune.
7-inch Touch Drive interface, the infotainment and satellite navigation system with 6 speakers, Jukebox and ARKAMY’S digital amplifier, Cruise Control with speed limited, Colour Reversing sensors and camera, DAB digital radio and automatic air conditioning, lights and windscreen wipers are your available upgrade options.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Airbump panels made from TPU (Theromoplastic Polyurethane) with air capsules that absorb impact and prevent scratches with zero maintenance
- Flowing design lines; smooth surfaces with floating quarter window and roof that accentuates the clean lines
- Expressive light signature (4 colours, 21 combinations) with daytime running LED and slim headlights built into Airbump
- Stylish and practical roof bars
- Short overhang, leaving plenty of space for the interior
- Open and welcoming interior; bright and friendly
- Slim dashboard with 7-inch Touch Drive interface lets you access
- connect mobile devices, store music, display photos
- navigation with maps, speed limit display and traffic information
- automatic air conditioning
- driving aids like Park Assist and reversing camera with colour display
- hands free photo through Bluetooth connection, directory access and photo contacts
- Citroen Multicity Connect through 3G connection (see below)
- Intuitive, simple to use technology with Citroen Multicity Connect and eTouch
- Easy Push gear selection controls with 3 buttons (D, N, R) on the bottom of the dashboard
- Full width wide sofa front seats
- Luggage inspired interior with leather door handle straps
- 1.48m tall and plenty of knee room
- Airbag in Roof that allows for more space and storage
- Spacious boot 358 litres and top box; a big glovebox (8.5 litres)
- Panoramic sunroof option that lets the light in but keeps the heat and UV rays out so there is no need for blinds.
- PureTech petrol and BlueHDI diesel
- smaller petrol engines 1.2litre three cylinder PureTech VTi82 and turbocharged PureTech e-THP 110 engine with central direct-injection turbocharger and dual VVT.
- BlueHDi 100 diesel engine with record low CO2 emissions from 82g/km and fuel consumption of 91.1mpg on the combined cycle
- Both petrol and diesel engines include stop & start option for even more fuel efficiency.
Driving Aids: Park Assist, colour reverse camera, Hill Start Assist, static cornering light
Citroen Multicity Connect
Lets you access apps using the 7-inch Touch Drive interface with 3G connection.
- Fuel app to look for the nearest and or cheapest fueling garage
- Trip Advisor app to find a hotel or restaurant
- Michelin Traffic app for traffic info
- Coyote app for alerts on high-risk traffic zones
Keeping it Light and Easy
A lighter car means easier on the fuel consumption. Here Citroen has managed to shave 200kg off the C4 Cactus compared to their standard C4. It has achieve this through:
- using a compact and lightweight platform
- smaller and lighter engines
- aluminium bonnet and pop-out rear windows
- panoramic sunroof with heat proection
- Magic Wash wiper system that uses less water to clean the wind shield.
The result, lighter drive train, lower CO2 emission, lower fuel consumption, more forward drive, parts won’t wear so quickly and 20% lower running costs compared to other compact hatchbacks.
Price starting from GBP12,990 to GBP18,190, the C4 Cactus is great value for money.
CML Rating: 4.5 Stars