We take a look at the best, flagship Instant Pot, the IP-DUO60 and Instant Pot IP-LUX60 as well as some of the best alternative programmable pressure cookers out there right now.
Here is our quick list, we take a look at the two offerings from Instant Pot, the IP-DUO60 and IP-LUX60 followed by the best alternative pressure cookers. These alternatives are not only bigger and easier to use, they have similar features to the Instant Pot with Pressure Cooker as standard.
Top Instant Pot Offerings:
- Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Electric Multi-Cooker 6Qt
- Instant Pot LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Electric Multi-Cooker 6Qt
Top Instant Pot Alternatives:
- Gourmia GPC1200 Smart Pot Electric Digital Multifunction Pressure Cooker 12Qt – EVEN BIGGER CAPACITY
- Fagor LUX 4-in-1 Multi Cooker 8Qt – BIGGER CAPACITY
- Gourmia GP600 Smart Pot 8-in-1 Programmable Multi Function Cooker 6Qt
- Cuisinart CPC-600AMZ 1000-Watt Electric Pressure Cooker 6Qt
- Secura 6-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker 6Qt
Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Electric Multi-Cooker – INSTANT POT’S FLAGSHIP
Here is the hottest and best selling Instant Pot, one up from the IP-LUX60, the IP-DUO60 which has 7 instead of 6 cooking functions on the IP-LUX60 with the last cooking function being the yogurt maker. It also has more cooking programmes than compared to the IP-LUX60, 14 versus 10.
- Fully automatic 7-in-1 multi functional cooker (pressure cooker, saute/browning, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, warmer, yogurt maker)
- Power: 1000W Output
- Capacity: 6 Litres
- Delay Timer: up to 24 hours delay start
- Cooking Timer: up to 2 hrs (pressure cooker) or up to 20 hours (slow cooker) automatically keep warm for up to 10 hours after cooking
- 14 cooking programmes with 3 temperature setting for saute/browning and slow cooking.
- Includes stainless steel cooking pot that can be used on the hob (except induction) or oven, stainless steel long handled steam rack, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, instructions, recipe book, cooking time tables and quick start guide.
With a 6 Litre stainless steel cooking pot, the Instant Pot has a large enough volume to cater to most mid-sized families, but it is really the timer that comes in to it’s own.
With the juggling of modern life, the ability to delay cooking time for up to 24 hours or keep your food warm for up to 10 hours, allows working mum’s the option of having a meal freshly cooked waiting as soon as one gets home in the afternoon or evening; or the treat of having warm porridge in the morning.
There’s also a range of presets that will allow you to simply bung in the ingredients and walk away for it to do it’s magic.
- Fully automatic 6-in-1 multi functional cooker (pressure cooker, saute/browning, slow cooker, rice co0ker, steamer and warmer)
- Power: 1000W Output
- Capacity: 6 Litres
- Delay Timer: up to 24 hours delay start
- Cooking Timer: manually set up to 2 hours of cooking time and automatically keep warm for up to 10 hours after cooking
- 10 Cooking Programmes with 3 temperature controls for saute or browning and slow cooking
- Includes 3 ply bottom stainless steel cooking pot safe for use on hob (except induction), stainless steel steam rack, instructions, recipe book and cooking time tables.
Here is a quick comparison table between the Instant Pot Lux and Instant Pot Duo
|Instant Pot Lux||Instant Pot Duo|
|Microprocessor controlled programs||✓||✓|
|Pressure cooking: high pressure (10.2~11.6 psi)||✓||✓|
|Pressure cooking: low pressure (5.8~7.2 psi)||✓|
|Slow cooker: 0.5~20 hours, at three temperatures||✓||✓|
|Sauté: up to 30 minutes at three temperatures||✓||✓|
|Automatic keep-warm: up to 10 hours||✓||✓|
|Built-in smart programs||10||14|
|Delayed cooking: up to 24 hours||✓||✓|
|10 safety mechanisms||✓||✓|
As seen in the table above, the DUO is the higer model with more smart cooking programs, yogurt maker function, low as well as high pressure cooking function. With the Yogurt Maker function, this makes the Instant Pot IP-DUO a 7-in-1 multi-cooker while the Instant Pot IP-LUX is a 6-in-1 multi-cooker. It also has more cooking programmes than compared to the Instant Pot IP-LUX series, 14 versus 10.
Also in the Range
- Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W – MOST POPULAR
- Instant Pot IP-DUO50 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 5Qt/900W
- Instant Pot IP-LUX50 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 5Qt/900W
- Instant Pot IP-Smart Bluetooth-Enabled Multifunctional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W – CONNECTED
Best Instant Pot IP-DUO and IP-LUX Alternatives
And here are the best alternatives, affordable multi-function pressure cookers to suit everyone’s budget.
Gourmia GPC1200 Smart Pot Electric Digital Multifunction Pressure Cooker 12Qt – EVEN BIGGER CAPACITY, 13 PROGRAMS
Need an even bigger multi-cooker, the Gourmia GPC Smart Pot is available in sizes up to 12 Quarts. Gourmia GPC1000 is a 10 Quart cooker, while Gourmia GPC1200, Gourmia GP600 and Gourmia GPC400 are 12 Quart, 6 Quart and 4 Quart respectively.
- 13 Programmable Cooking Modes: meat, poultry, soup, steam, sauté, slow cook, dessert, beans, porridge, rice, timer, preset time, warm
- Power: 1400 Watts, cook up to 70% faster while retaining more flavor and nutrients in meals
- Capacity: 12 Quart with automatic pressure control and locking for swift, completely safe cooking
- Delay Timer: 24 hour delay timer, and auto resume after power loss
- Include Steam Rack and inner removable non-stick liner
- Also available 6 Quart, 10 Quart, 12 Quart Capacity
Fagor LUX 4-in-1 Multi Cooker 8Qt – BIGGER CAPACITY, 8 COOKING FUNCTIONS
From pressure cooking to Yogurt Making and everything in between, the Fagor LUX 8-Quart Multi-Cooker has the biggest capacity at 8 quarts compared to other multi-cooker in our list. A bigger alternative to Instant Pot IP-DUO60, the Fagor LUX 4-in-1 Multi Cooker has similar features with a soft touch and display panel to match. The electric cooker offers the convenience of four cooking methods in one machine; a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker and yogurt maker all-in-one. Additional assist functions such as brown, saute, simmer, steam and keep warm make are also available at a touch of a button.
- Programs: 4 cooking programs; Pressure Cooking, Slow Cooking, Rice Cooking (White Rice, Brown Rice and Risotto), Yogurt Maker safely pasteurize the milk and incubate your yogurt in one pot. You can also make Greek Yogurt! Assist Cooking functions include Brown and Saute, Simmer, Steam, Keep Warm. This makes the Fagor LUX 8 cooking functions in total.
- Delay Timer: allows you to delay cooking up to 6 hours with keep warm function up to 12 hours.
- Cooking Timer: Set the pressure cooker for up to 99 minutes. Set the slow cooker high or low options for up to 10 hours.
- Blue removable Non-Stick ceramic cooking pot is dishwasher safe and has convenient measuring guide inside.
Gourmia GP600 Smart Pot 8-in-1 Programmable Multi Function Pressure Cooker 6Qt – 8 COOKING FUNCTIONS
The Gourmia Smartpot 8-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker functions as a bbq/grill, steamer sautee/browner, classic slow cooker, rice/hot cereal cooker, yogurt maker & warmer thanks to fully programmable computerized heating technology, and removes the guess work from pressure cooking to provide perfect cooking results.
- Programs: 8-in-1 multipurpose pressure cooker, bbq/grill, steamer sautee/browner, classic slow cooker, rice/hot cereal cooker, yogurt maker & warmer!
- Precision thermostat automatically regulates cooking temperature and internal pressure
- Large, easy to read control panel and Digital LCD to set cook modes and settings
- Delay Timer: built-in 24 hour timer lets you prepare meals in advanced with optimal results
Cuisinart CPC-600AMZ 1000-Watt Electric Pressure Cooker 6Qt – 7 COOKING FUNCTIONS
- Push-button controls; easy-to-read digital display; precision thermostat
- Programs: Settings for pressure cooking (high or low), browning, simmering, sauteing and warming, see below for more details
- Cooking Timer: 99 minutes countdown timer with display (0-40 mins in 1 min increments, 40-90 minutes in 5 mins increment)
- Cool-touch handles; nonstick dishwasher-safe cooking pot and trivet
- Pressure Cooker – Low Pressure, High Pressure
- Browning – This preset temperature allows cooking over high heat, without the lid, before pressure cooking. Browning foods in a small amount of fat in this way seals the outer surfaces of meats and vegetables, producing a visually appealing, flavorful exterior with a moist, tender interior.
- Sauté – The preset temperature, done prior to pressure cooking with lid removed, allows you to quickly soften vegetables in a small amount of fat or liquid without browning, and to cook items such as rice (Arborio, brown, Carnaroli, white, etc.) for pilafs and risottos.
- Simmer – This preset temperature allows you to cook liquids at a lower temperature. It is primarily used to finish cooking some items, i.e. to add ingredients to a risotto, sauce, or stew or to continue cooking process to achieve preferred texture.
- Keep Warm – Holds and keeps cooked food warm for up to 12 hours. Automatic Keep Warm Feature: When LED display reaches, the pressure cooker automatically shifts to Keep Warm temperature. The Keep Warm light will turn on and unit will beep to indicate cooking is complete.
Secura 6-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker 6Qt – 6 COOKING FUNCTIONS
- 6-quart 6-in-1 multi-function electric cooker replaces your pressure cooker, slow cooker, food steamer, rice cooker, browning/sauté pan, soup maker and automatic keep warm using micro-computerized temperature and time-control system with soft touch buttons and digital display;
- Cooking Timer: set automatically or set time manually, adding or decreasing preset time to suit
- Delay Timer: Up to 24-hour delay timer.
- 18/10 stainless steel dishwasher-safe cooking pot; Cool-touch handles; Stainless steel lid with cool-touch finish, safe and energy efficient, measuring cup, rice spoon, user’s manual and recipe book.
- Optional accessories: stainless steel steam basket and steam rack, non-stick cooking pot.