Hot off the press, Amazon has today (6th July 2015) announced that as it turns 20 next week, it is introducing a Prime Day on the eve of its birthday, a global shopping event to rival even that of Black Friday with the promise of more deals.
About 20 years ago, Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web, July 1995 to be precise. 20 year later it has become synonymous to online shopping and dedicated online shops for different countries.
Get the Best Prime Day Deals
Now if you are sitting on the sideline waiting for a deal, there is no need to wait for Black Friday on the 27 November 2015. Like Black Friday, the Prime Day is a one day only event with thousands of deals exclusively for Prime Members only and it is happening this month.
There are many best deals to be had online. High street tech shops have tried to ride the Black Friday with their own promotions and events but most people still prefer to spend their gadget money online where they can find even better deals without the rush and crowd.
So if you have something on your wish list that you urgently need, here is what you need to know:
What is it?
Round the clock deals where you can shop for thousands of Lightning Deals, Popular Deals of the Day and take advantage of unlimited fast and free delivery.
When is it?
Wednesday 15 July 2015. If you are in the UK, US, Spain, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, Canada and Austria, the deals starts at midnight with new deals every 10 minutes. You may have seen this on Amazon during the last Black Friday event only this time it is promised to be better.
Do I qualify?
How to get in on the deals? As the event is exclusive to Prime Members ONLY, you will need to be a member to benefit from this BUT fret not…
How do I become a Prime Member?
From today until midnight on Wednesday 8 July you can become a Prime Member at a reduced rate so be sure to take advantage of this offer and save even more.
What else do I get as a Prime Member?
Beyond access to the Prime Day exclusive event on Wednesday 15 July, you will also enjoy the following:
- FREE Unlimited One-day Delivery on over 10 million eligible items. Look for Prime icon on the product.
- Unlimited streaming of movies, TV episodes and shows
- Get unlimited cloud photo storage
- Access to 800,000 Kindle books via Kindle Owner’s Lending Library for Prime Members
- Exclusive access to this and future Prime Day deals
- And if you live in London, you can enjoy Prime Now* with one-hour delivery on over 10,000 items in selected London postcodes with more cities on the cards.
* Use Prime Now mobile app and choose delivery within one hour of ordering for £6.99, or free delivery within a choice of two-hour, same-day delivery slots between 8am and midnight, seven days a week.
You can learn more about Amazon Prime see Is Amazon Prime Worth It?
Where do I go to get the deals on Prime Day?
Once you have your your Prime membership then you are set for Prime Day. Prime members can login and shop across dozens of categories including:
- video games
- lawn and garden
- outdoor and more
Don’t miss it
Whatever you do, don’t forget to visit Amazon on the 15 July 2015 to grab your deals.
Useful Link: More information on Prime Day