From basic or budget to mid-range and premium, laptops come in many different shapes and sizes. Considerations when buying a laptop include:
- Cost: How much are you looking to spend: budget, mid-range or high-end
- Application: The type of work you will be doing on the laptop: light computing to work horse for heavy lifting
- Portability: heavy weight desktop replacement to standard to ultra portable. If you need to lug your laptop around everyday, choose one that weights under 2kg. This is also
- Profile: Standard clamp shell to convertible to detachable; it’s all a matter of personal preference. If you want the flexibility of being able to use your laptop as a tablet, choose a convertible or detachable model.
- Input Options: Trackpad only, touchscreen display, stylus input
Identify how you use your laptop and pick the right laptop with the specification to suit your needs with our guide: