Finding the right laptop can be a daunting process. You don’t want to pay for something that will be out of date in a couple of years. Equally, you don’t want to overpay for something you won’t fully utilise. In this article, we intend to break down the jargons and help you choose the right […]
From basic or budget to mid-range and premium, laptops come in many different shapes and sizes. Considerations when buying a laptop include:
- Cost: How much are you looking to spend: budget, mid-range or high-end
- Application: The type of work you will be doing on the laptop: light computing to work horse for heavy lifting
- Portability: heavy weight desktop replacement to standard to ultra portable. If you need to lug your laptop around everyday, choose one that weights under 2kg. This is also
- Profile: Standard clamp shell to convertible to detachable; it’s all a matter of personal preference. If you want the flexibility of being able to use your laptop as a tablet, choose a convertible or detachable model.
- Input Options: Trackpad only, touchscreen display, stylus input
Identify how you use your laptop and pick the right laptop with the specification to suit your needs with our guide: