Marty McFly’s ‘future’ in Back to the Future 2 and 3 sees hoverboards – a levitating and hovering version of the skate board, some propelled by turbo jets as common everyday consumer products. As we work closer to making this a reality, we have a few different options – a hoverboard prototype designed by Lexus and a miniature hoverboard by Hendo.
The most convincing result so far is Lexus’s Slide, however this hoverboard only works on specially designed skating parks with tracks of permanent magnets built into it. The hoverboard itself is high maintenance, requiring liquid nitrogen, super conductors and magnets to power it. The prototype is nothing more than a showcase of the company’s technical and technological prowess and a huge marketing campaign to sell more cars.
For something more commonly available, affordable and that works straight off; the 2-wheel self balancing electric scooter boards is the logical answer. It is hard to pin point the original 2 wheel self balancing electric scooter. So far, it’s origins has been traced back to Chic Robotics as described in Wired article, however since then there have been many clones of the same thing.
So how do you choose the best ‘2 wheels smart self balancing electric scooter drifting board’? The only way is to track the sales numbers and check the review ratings of the different boards currently on offer. While they may look slightly different from one another, they are essentially the same inside; same mechanics, motherboard, sensors and sometime even down to the wheels. The only difference is in its execution, how well are they constructed, are the manufacturers cutting corners, are the materials of the best quality. Only consumer testing will reveal the best.
According to Wired, the main players are PhunkeeDuck and IO Hawk, but there are many others. There’s Oxboard, Cyboard, Scoot, Future Foot, Monorover, Airboard, Freego, Esway, Airwheel, iEZWay, Overoad, and a hundred more names along the lines of Two Wheels Smart Self Balancing Scooters Drifting Board.
Among the options of these cool wheels are:
- RioRand Two Wheels Self Balancing Electric Scooter
- HoverBoost HoverBoard Two Wheels Self Balancing Smart Electronic Personal Transporter
- CoolReall™ Self Balancing Scooter
- Mini Smart Waterproof Self Balancing Electric Scooter – BUDGET
- Skque® Two 6.5-inch Wheel Smart Self Balancing Electric Scooter with Bluetooth Speaker
- Maximum Speed: approx. 10km/h.
- 15 degrees climbing, 0 degrees of corner.
- Small and light: Weighs only 10kg, can be taken everywhere.
- High efficiency, low consumption, safe and convenient. Automatic electricity cut-off if you lose control.
- Low Battery Protection: when battery is lower than 10%, it will slow down and finally stop working.
- Cruising Speed: 15km/h Max Speed
- Charging Time Around 90-120 Mins (30 Mins to 80%)
- 100% New and High Quality, Randomly select one of the two patterns
- The Mini Smart self-balancing two-wheel electric scooter more convenient and Safer
- Easy to learn. Its robust body and anti-slip foot grip make it excellent for children and adults.
- Perfect for daily use. Safe highest speed of 12 Km/h. 15 degrees climbing, 0 degrees of corner.
- Range per Charge: 15-20km(depends on rider’s weight). Charge Time: About 90min.
- Dimensions and Weigh: 468 (H) x 400 (L) x 165 (T) mm, 10 kg
- Cruising distance 10km to 18km
- Maximum Speed: approx. 10km/h
- 15 degrees climbing, 0 degrees of corner
- Small and light: Weighs only 10kg, can be taken everywhere
- Charging time: about 90 mins
- Dimensions and Weight: 468 x 400 x 165mm(H*L*T), 10kg.
- Includes Smart Key
Skque® Two 6.5-inch Wheel Smart Self Balancing Electric Scooter with Bluetooth Speaker – BLUETOOTH SPEAKER
- Fun and easy to learn, you will learn to ride within hours. Ride at night and be seen with the built-in bright LED lights
- Max Load: 120KG (264LB)
- Max Speed: 10km/h (6.2MPH)
- Max Distant: 20KM (Flat Surface)
- Charging Time: 1-2 Hours
- Wheel Size: 6.5 Inch
- The mini Smart self-balancing two-wheel electric scooter is convenient, safer and easier to learn.
- 15 degrees climbing, 0 degrees of corner
- Maximum Speed: 15km/h(contain)
- Range per Charge: 15-20km(depends on rider’s weight)
- Charge Time: about 90min , Low Battery Protection when battery is lower than 10%, it will slow down and finally stopped working.
- Size: 468*400*165mm(H*L*T) . Weight: 27Lbs (12.25kg)