Activity trackers are lightweight bands or pendants that monitor fitness and track activities with little to no indicator or screen to show any information. There is however a new breed of trackers that includes a display, not quite one as big as those found on a smartwatch but a useful display nonetheless.
Samsung was first to the scene with the Gear Fit, a smart compact wristband with a curved Super AMOLED touchscreen display. The colourful, attractive and curved display gives the band a distinctive look. Interchangeable straps lets user customise their wristband to suite their style. Followed soon by Sony, Microsoft and other fitness gadget experts such as fitbit and Garmin.
5 Best Fitness and Activity Tracker Wristbands with Screen
Here are 5 of the best fitness and activity tracker smart bands with screen, be it colour, OLED, E-Ink or simply illuminated. With its size no bigger than a fitness wristband and small enough to not get in the way, these wristbands does more than the boring old bands without a display.
- Fitbit Inspire HR – OLED, HR SENSOR, UP TO 5 DAYS
- Fitbit Charge 4 – OLED, GPS, HR SENSOR, GP, UP TO 7 DAYS
- Garmin vivosmart 4 – OLED, HR SENSOR, UP TO 7 DAYS
- Fitbit Versa 2 Smart Fitness Watch – COLOUR
- Huawei Band 4 Pro – COLOUR, HR SENSOR, UP TO
BONUS: Honor Band 5 Fitness Band – COLOUR, HR SENSOR, UP TO
Fitbit Inspire HR Fitness Tracker – OLED, HR SENSOR, UP TO 5 DAYS
Fitbit Inspire HR and the cut-down version Fitbit Inspire (without Heart Rate sensor) are Fitbit’s budget offerings with no on-board GPS sensors. In a market where there are more and more cheap knock-off tracker bands, Fitbit Inspire HR is an option for those who wants a reliable tracker and a solid platform for which to sync and track their fitness data. It will do everything you want from a tracker with round-the-clock heart rate and all day activity plus automatic workout recording. A choice of white, black and lilac straps are available.
- Display: Greyscale OLED
- Tracks calorie burn, resting heart rate and heart rate zones during workouts
- Tracks all day activity – steps, distance, hourly activity, active minutes and calories burned
- Tracks sleep including light and deep sleep stages with silent alarms and bedtime reminders
- Automatically records workouts – runs, walks, swimming, bike rides and more with smart track
- Move reminder to take 250 steps every hour
- Set over 15 goal based exercise modes
- Stores heart rate data at 1 second intervals during exercise tracking otherwise at 5 seconds interval
- Made from flexible, durable elastomer material with peg and loop fastener
- Water resistant up to 50 meters (not recommended in hot tubs or sauna)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 to connect to Fitbit app
- No on-board GPS but tracks real-time pace and distance with phone GPS
- Battery Life: 5 days of battery life per charge with 2 hours charge time
Fitbit Charge 4 Fitness Tracker – OLED, HR SENSOR, GPS, UP TO 7 DAYS
If you want a tracker band with GPS built-in, here is an affordable version from Fitbit, the Fitbit Charge 4. You will have to pay more for the onboard GPS sensor but it is a small price to pay to be able to leave your phone at home. But be warned that while the battery life can last up to 7 days on a single charge, it will only do up to 5 hours with the built-in GPS turned on. The latter is more than enough to track your run, hike, cycling, walk or even rowing. It also comes with that all important heart rate sensor and is able to record sleep and swim. Other features are pretty standard among Fitbit bands, check out. the list below.
- More accurate pace and distance monitoring with GPS perfect for runs, rides, hikes and more. Synchronise the data with Fitbit app and you get to see the workout intensity on a map that includes heart rate changes along the route.
- Round the clock heart rate monitoring including resting heart rate and heart rate zones indicator during workout (Fat Burn, Cardio or Peak). Also shows activity zone minutes to track how long before you reach your goals.
- Water-resistant design up to 50m, automatically tracks swim workouts and is suitable for the pool and shower
- Long battery life up to 7 days per charge, up to 5 hours with using GPS.
- Guided Breathing Sessions on-screen offered based on your heart rate
- Reminders to move
- Supports Fitbit Pay, Sleep Stages monitoring (light, deep, REM sleep and Sleep Score), Spotify Control lets you control the music, like songs, browse playlists and podcasts. Other features include clock faces, touchscreen, notifications and apps.
Garmin vivosmart 4 Fitness Activity Tracker – HR SENSOR, BLOOD OXYGEN, UP TO 7 DAYS
Not your typical rubber band tracker simply because it comes with a metallic accent around the display and matching peg and loop fastener. The gold and purple band stands out the most. The black band has a space grey like metal accent. While the grey and light blue options have silver accent. The Garmin vivosmart 4 bands strikes a perfect balance between lifestyle accessories and functional activity tracker. The only downside is, there is no on-board GPS sensor. As a result, it is more energy efficient with up to 7 days battery life and comes with a heart rate sensor and something not available in other bands, wrist-based Pulse Ox4 sensor to check your blood oxygen saturation. Ultimately, you get a fully capable tracker band that lets you monitor VO2 max, walks, runs, strength training and even swim (50m water resistant) that you can also wear on your wrist in the evening for your night out. Unlike the fi
- Slim, smart activity tracker that blends fashion, design, stylish metal accents and bright display
- Monitor sleep with REM and blood oxygen saturation levels during the night using Pulse Ox sensor
- Fitness and health monitoring tools: heart rate, stress tracking, relaxation breathing timer, VO2 max, Body Battery energy monitor
- Activity timers for walks, runs, strength training, yoga, pool swims
- Connects to smartphone’s GPS to track outdoor walks and runs
- Notifications with vibration alerts
- Battery life up to 7 days per charge, excluding Pulse Ox sleep tracking.
Fitbit Versa 2 Smart Fitness Watch – COLOUR, HR SENSOR, UP TO 6 DAYS
Not quite a fitness wristband but a full size watch, the Fitbit Versa 2 Smart Fitness Watch is a fitness tracker at heart wrapped in an easy to use and accessible watch profile with a square watch face. The second generation Versa lets you use voice to create alarms, set bedtime reminders, check the weather or control Spotify or Deezer playback with its onboard voice support. It also pipes commands through to Amazon Alexa voice assistant with a tap on the screen.
But the biggest selling feature has to be the 25.07mm AMOLED colour screen with always on display mode option. It lets you access features and on-screen coaching with guidance on every move and routines based on your feedback right from your wrist. Elsewhere, it supports connected GPS via Bluetooth to a compatible mobile phone, water resistant to 50 meters perfect for swims and notifications. To do all that, the battery lasts up to 6 days on a full charge. The watch is available with bracelets and strap options. Shown here is the woven strap in navy with copper rose accent and fastener.
Huawei Band 4 Pro – COLOUR, GPS, HR SENSOR, UP TO 12 DAYS
Finally, at the budget end is this wristband tracker from Huawei. Priced only at a third or half the price of your stand wristband, the Band 4 Pro is affordable yet jammed with technology. For starters, you get a full colour AMOLED (120 x 240 pixels) touchscreen with a home button control. The case is waterproof up to 50m so you can take it to the pool or shower. And, there is an onboard heart rate monitor as well as a built-in GPS. But the cherry on the icing has to be the blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) sensor to monitor blood oxygen level. However, this is only available in certain market.
The band will do everything you need a fitness tracking wristband to do and more. Depending on use, the battery will last up to 12 days and 5-7 days with sleep monitoring enabled. Enabling the built-in GPS will drop that down to a matter of hours (7 hours to be precise).
BONUS: Honor Band 5 Fitness Band – COLOUR, HR SENSOR, UP TO 14 DAYS
For more smart fitness tracker bands go to the next page.
[themify_button bgcolor=”orange” size=”large” link=”https://www.colourmyliving.com/fitness/top-5-best-fitness-and-activity-tracker-bands-with-screen/2/” style=”flat rect”]Next Page[/themify_button]