With warmer, longer days on it’s way and the promise of a lot more outdoor fun, something other than the typical barbecue and pool party, is an outdoor theater projection system. Warm nights enjoying a movie, in the open under the stars sounds exactly like something that is a fun, very memorable experience; alongside a great party with good food and wine and friends, there’s perhaps little that can come close to an outdoor experience in your own backyard.
Before getting an projection system for your backyard, the only considerations will be whether you would like a 3D option, and generally the size of the screen and resolution of the projector. Most kits come complete, ready to go out of the box, with sources in directly from your mobile phone or tablet device.
Here we shortlist some of the best outdoor theater projection systems and some of their detailed specifications, that we have come across.
Backyard Theater System 9-foot Outdoor Entertainment System with WiFi Blu-ray player (108-inch diagonal)
Complete kit to set up your own outdoor theater. It includes:
- Savi HP Projector or Optoma HD DLP Projector
- Electric powered flat screen
- WiFi Blu-ray Player
ALSO: Backyard Theater Systems with 12-foot QuikScreen (144-inch diagonal)
- Light weight, yet durable 16′ x 9′ inflatable movie screen.
- Widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- 166″ Diagonal Projection Surface.
- Matt white, wrinkle resistant, smooth ripstop nylon
- Black-backed projection surface blocks lights from behind, improves contrast ratio
- Air Blower
- Twist in yard stakes, clip-on easy-cinch straps to secure your inflatable screen
ALSO: CineBox Home 16 x 9 Backyard Theater Projection System (220″ Diagonal)
While the systems in the list above include big projector screen, sound system and projector, the following are outdoor projectors and giant outdoor projector screens you can buy separately. Starting with the front projector screens.
Inflatable Movie Screen Portable Outdoor Airblown Screen 160 x 110-inch (192-inch diagonal)
150-inch Portable Projector Screen Foldable Outdoor Movie Screen (requires frame)
Now for the projectors…
- SVGA 800 x 600 or PJD5555W WXGA (1280 x 800) model available.
- 3300 Lumens
- 20,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- Projection Size: 83 to 207-inches
- 10,000 lamp hour (eco mode)
- Audio in/out, HDMI 1.4, VGA composite RCA, S-Video, and Mini-USB inputs
- 1280 x 800 resolution
- 3200 ANSI Lumen from LED
- 10,000:1 contrast ratio
- Projection Size: 35 inch~160inch, Distance1.2~4.8m
- 20,000 hours from single LCD panel with ultra high power LED source
- Dual USB ports, dual HDMI ports, USB / VGA / PC
- WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution
- 3300 ANSI Lumens
- 10,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- Projection size 150-inch with 16 feet distance
- 380lux LED colour brightness
- 2*HDMI, 2*USB, 1*VGA
- 30,000 hours LED lamp life
- 1280 x 800 native resolution
- 3200 ANSI Lumens
- Projection Size: 32inch-200inch (Projection Distance 1.1m~6m)
- Best projection at about 2m with projection size 80 inches
- Input: TV\AV\VGA\2*USB \2*HDMI\Y. Pb. Pr
- 20,000 hours LED lamp life
- 1280 x 720 native resolution
- 3300 ANSI Lumens
- 10,000:1 Dynamic Contrast
- Maximum Projection size 35-280 inches, Projection Distance: 1.2~7.5m
- 5.5-inch LCD TFT Panel with LED
- Best screen size/Distance: 60″ ~ 100″ / 2.2 ~ 3.0 m projection
- 30,000 hours lamp life
- Best screensize/Distance:72″ ~ 120″ / 2.5~3.5m