Great Home Theater Systems that Won’t Break the Bank – affordable budget systems
- Samsung HT-FM65WC/ZA 5.1-Channel 1000W Bluetooth 3D Smart Blu-ray Home Theater System
- Onkyo HT-S3700 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver and Speaker Package
- Sony BDVE3100 5.1-Channel 1000W Blu-ray Home Theater System with Bluetooth
- Yamaha YHT-4920UBL 5.1-Channel Home Theater in a Box System with Bluetooth
- Klipsch Qunitet IV Home Theater Speaker System – SPEAKERS ONLY
- Jamo S426HCS3 WENGE 5-Piece Home Theater Speaker System – SPEAKERS ONLY
- Yamaha YHT-399UBL 5.1 Channel Home Theater in a Box System
- Acoustic Audio HT-57 7.1 Home Theater Speaker System SPEAKERS ONLY, IN-WALL
- Panasonic SC-BTT195 5.1-Channel 1000-Watt Full HD 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System
- Samsung HT-H5500W 5.1 Channel 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System
A Closer Look
Let’s take a closer look at these home theater systems on our list:
1. Samsung HT-FM65WC/ZA 5.1-Channel 1000W Bluetooth 3D Smart Blu-ray Home Theater System
Here is an affordable home theater system that offers a complete, picture to sound entertainment system from high quality Blu-ray picture to high end sound with Vacuum Tube amplifier.
- Watch 3D and Blu-ray discs, stream, or up-convert your favorite DVD to near Blu-ray quality.
- Use built-in Wi-Fi and stream from your other devices with AllShare Play and Bluetooth.
- Features a more lifelike experience with Vacuum Tube and Digital Sound for better sound clarity
- Smart Hub provides a single location for all your favorite smart content, giving you easy and instant access to apps, photos, videos, and more.
2. Onkyo HT-S3700 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver and Speaker Package
One of the best sellers online, the Onkyo HT-S3700 means business and looks the part too. Gone are the days where in order to get premium sound, you need big speakers. These days, small and space saving tweeters, big and heavy sub woofer does the job just as well.
- 110 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven); 65 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.7% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC)
- HDMI 2.0 Support for 4K/60 HzVideo, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColorTM, x.v.ColorTM, Lip-sync, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD- Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Bluetooth Version 2.1 + EDR Capability with Advanced Music Optimizer to Improve Compressed Digital Audio Quality
- 6 HDMI Inputs and 1 Output for 4K/60 Hz Ultra HD Entertainment and Zone 2 Line-Out for Distributed Audio Playback in Another Room
- USB Port for Mass Storage Class USB Memory Audio Playback Capability (MP3, FLAC,WAV, Ogg Vorbis, Apple Lossless, DSD)
ALSO: Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver and Speaker Package
3. Sony BDV-E3100 5.1-Channel 1000W Blu-ray Home Theater System with Bluetooth
Another compact home theater system, the Sony BDV-E3100 is a complete Blu-ray player and 5.1 surround sound system with Bluetooth connectivity. Bigger models come with either a combination of front slim tall boys and rear compact speakers (BDV-E4100) or completely slim tall boys (BDV-E6100). More expensive and powerful models in the form of BDV-N9200W and BDV-N9200WL are also available. Stream HD movies, millions of songs you can play around your home, your favourite TV channels, plus there’s a web browser and apps for weather, news, games and more.
- Power Output : 1000W Total (RMS): Center 250W, Surround 125W, Subwoofer 250W, Front 125W – 5.1 channel surround
- Built-in Wi-Fi: Stream Netflix, HuluPlus, Pandora & more. Connect to smartphone, laptop, tablet or directly to the Internet. Stream personal photos and playlists to online movies, Catch-up TV and YouTube clips.
- Full HD 1080p: Upscale standard DVDs to near HD quality
- Wirelessly stream music from Bluetooth devices with just one-touch (NFC) – compatible device required
- Digital Music Enhancer cleans up the sound streamed from devices over Bluetooth or WiFi
- Full range bass reflex speaker system & 7.1-Inch subwoofer with Bass Boost for precise and powerful sound
Get the kind of picture quality that really pulls you into the action. Watch a 2D and 3D Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD in Full HD with natural colour and sharp detail. Even online videos will seem smoother than on your computer thanks to clever picture enhancements.
4. Yamaha YHT-4920UBL 5.1-Channel Home Theater in a Box System with Bluetooth
Already have a Blu-ray player and looking to take your first step into the audiophile realm, then a dedicated AV Receiver and Speakers is for you. The YHT-4920UBL Home Theater System supports Bluetooth for wireless music playback, 4K Ultra HD video with HDCP 2.2 compatibility and a discrete 5.1-channel amplifier design.
Unlike the earlier systems, the Yamaha YHT-4920 does not have a Blu-ray player but focuses mainly on providing good quality sound with plenty of bass. In addition YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Acoustic Optimizer) automatically calibrates your listening environment for optimal sound performance for easy sound optimisation. Included is a compact black gloss 5.1 channel speaker system with a powerful 6 1/2″ 100 W powered subwoofer for extra bass.
- Bluetooth (SBC) – enjoy wireless music playback from smartphones and other devices. The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha is now optimized for Bluetooth audio transmissions to ensure that your music will have vivid, lively sound quality during wireless playback.
- 4K Ultra HD pass-through – supports the latest HDMI standards 4K 60p thanks to the transmission of 4K video at 60 frames per second (pass-through only).
- HDCP 2.2 (1 in / 1 out) – enjoy the high definition video quality of 4K without degradation along with HDCP 2.2 that fully complies with the latest copyright protection, a standard for 4K video transmission.
- Virtual CINEMA FRONT as an alternate setup configuration, to allows users to install all of the speakers at the front and enjoy virtual 5.1-channel surround sound when rear speaker placement is not possible.
- 5-channel compact gloss black speaker package with 6 1/2″ 100 W powered subwoofer. See speakers below.
ALSO: Yamaha YHT-3920UBL 5.1-Channel Home Theater in a Box System with Bluetooth
- Bluetooth (SBC)
- 4K Ultra HD pass-through
- HDCP 2.2 (1 in / 1 out)
- Virtual CINEMA FRONT & Extra Bass
- 5-channel speaker package with 8″ 100 W powered subwoofer. See speakers below.
5. Klipsch Qunitet IV Home Theater Speaker System – SPEAKERS ONLY
Moving down from complete mini home theater with Blu-ray player to AV receiver and speakers without Blu-ray player, we have a speakers only setup from Klipsch.
The Klipsch Quintet bundles four speakers and a center channel together. Two of the speakers serve as front left and right main channels, while the other two operate as rear surrounds. The magnetically shielded center channel delivers crisp dialogue and precise imaging.
Sold separately, the SW-350 subwoofer perfectly anchors the Klipsch Quintet without dominating your room. It’s a smaller design that features a high-output 8-inch driver and new Class D digital amplifier for room-filling bass.
- Dynamic five-channel surround sound package
- Crossover design delivers smoother response
- Improved wire management for discreet on-wall installations
- XT Horn offers greater detail and wider dispersion
6. Jamo S 426 HCS 3 WENGE 5-Piece Home Theater Speaker System – SPEAKERS ONLY
Not one for compact speakers, want full size home theater experience and space is the last thing you worry about then Jamo is answer. Featuring to full size tall boys front channels, full size middle channel and full size rear channels, Jamo is every audiophile’s dream.
In the established Jamo tradition, these speakers out-perform virtually every competitor in this price range. Thanks to a carefully balanced engineering effort, these speakers offer sound quality rarely heard from speakers in this class.
The Jamo S 426 has dual woofers in a reflex-optimized enclosure and a low-resonance tweeter with a Jamo Waveguide. The result is a punchy, yet refined and detailed sound that will make movies and music enjoyable.
Adding the Jamo S 420 Center and the Jamo S 420 Surround will create a first-rate surround system and, thanks to the terrific versatility in terms of placement (both comes with wall bracket), these speakers will not clutter the living room.
The exclusive, stylish, contemporary industrial design makes these speakers blend easily into modern living rooms.
7. Yamaha YHT-399UBL 5.1 Channel Home Theater in a Box System
The YHT-399U is designed for ease-of-use and full-scale AV entertainment with outstanding Yamaha sound quality from a discrete amp circuit design. Included is a front panel USB input for iPhone®/iPod®, as well as a compact 5.1 channel speaker system with a powerful 8″ 100 W powered subwoofer. This system is also ready for the next generation with sophisticated technologies like 4K video pass-through and ECO mode for lower power consumption. Just add a Blu-ray player or streaming devices.
- 5-channel powerful surround sound (100 W per channel)
- HD Audio format decoding: Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™;
Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio™
- Discrete amplifier technology
- 192 kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown DACs for all channels
- High dynamic power, low-impedance drive capability
- 2-way speaker drivers for high power input capacity
- 8″ 100 W active subwoofer
8. Acoustic Audio HT-57 7.1 Home Theater Speaker System SPEAKERS ONLY, IN-WALL
Love things hidden away and have the luxury of a pre-built home or an opportunity to renovate your home and adding a sophisticated home theater then look no further than Acoustic Audio’s home theater speaker system. The in-wall 5.1 speakers will have your covered but you will probably need professional help installing these and have to fork out for separate Blu-ray and AV receiver. Still, it is an elegant system to have in a modern home.
- (5) 5.25″ Rectangular In-Wall/Ceiling Speakers, (2) 5.25″ Round In-Wall/Ceiling Speakers, 1400 Watts Peak Power Handling (Total) / 200 Watts Peak Power Handling (Each)
- Sensitivity is 97dB with 40-22,000 Hz Frequency Response
- These are voice matched speakers to get the seamless, consistent tone necessary for a great 7.1 channel home theater surround sound
- Rectangular Speakers: Cut Out Size is 6.25″ x 9.5″ per speaker, Overall Size is 7.625″ x 11.125″ per speaker and Mounting Depth is 3″
- Round Speakers: Cut Out Size is 6.625″ per speaker, Overall Size is 7.625″ per speaker and Mounting Depth is 3″
9. Panasonic SC-BTT195 5.1-Channel 1000-Watt Full HD 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System with Tall Boy Speakers
- Front L/R Tallboy Speakers
- Wi-Fi Ready, Smartphone Remote App
- Viera Connect Web Entertainment
10. Samsung HT-H5500W 5.1 Channel 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System
- Discover Incredible Sound Quality 5.1 Channel Home Theater System
- Access Apps, Games and More with Built-in Wi-Fi
- Explore Built-in Apps from Content Partners and Opera TV Apps Store
- Wireless Rear Speakers Included
- Accessories: Remote Control, FM Antenna
- Best affordable Dolby ATMOS AV receivers
- Budget 5 to 7 Channel Surround Speaker Packages
- Best Ultra Compact Mid-Range 5.1 Home Theatre Surround Speaker Packages
- 8 Best Sound Bars with Dolby Atmos Technology: Wireless soundbars with big sound stage
- Sonos Beam: New Smart Soundbar with Alexa, AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Best 5.1 Channel Home Theater Systems – top complete out of a box sound for your TV
- Affordable 5.1 Home Cinema Surround Sound Systems and 5.1 Sound Bars