Forget the conventional and clunky desk and pedestal fans. These sleek looking modern fans not only look good but work well to circulate and cool the hot summers air, day and night. They are also safer with a bladeless design on some. Here are 10 such modern silent fans you need to check out.
Out with the basic fans, in with the sleek, modern, near silent and efficient fans. These are not your conventional fans. Their modern design will work in new homes with minimalist and even Scandinavian chic interiors. They also work well in offices and work place.
Having difficulty sleeping in the warm Summer nights? Bedroom feeling too stuffy, too hot or humid? Then you need to an air circulator fan. These modern fans are capable of pushing large volume of air around the room, keeping it cool and comfortable.
Our list of modern fan are not only capable and efficient, capable of offering whole room air circulation and strong air flow, they are whisper-quiet too. Of course, no fan can be totally silent. Even the most expensive among them will produce some droning noise even at low speed. For that, we have listed the operating noise level or range in bold if this is mentioned by the manufacturer.
Top 10 Best Modern Air Circulator 7 Cooling Fans
We discovered 10 new modern take on the conventional fan.
- Dyson Pure Cool Me Purifier Fan 25.4cm
- Meacofan 650 Personal Air Circulator Fan 26cm
- Meacofan 1056 Pedestal Air Circulator Fan 28.5cm
- Dimplex Xpelair Cooling Desk Fan 22.8cm
- Woozoo Globe Air Circulator Fan 15.7cm
- Vornado 630 Air Circulator Fan 22.8cm
- Honeywell HT900E Turbo Fan 26cm
- Dyson Air Multiplier AM06 Fan 30.4cm
- Vornado Flippi V10 Compact Fan 13.7cm – SMALLEST
- Boneco F220 Medium Pedestal Fan 37cm – BIGGEST
BONUS: Air Pod Cooling Desk Fan
Now for a closer look.
The design speaks for itself. If this is not a modern fan, what is? With its integrated air purifier and particle filters it will also clean the air in the room at the same time. Pure Cool Me as it is called is Dyson’s attempt at a personal air purifier but given its size and air flow, it is good enough for a small to medium sized room. Like conventional desk fans, it supports both tilt and oscillating functions. Use the small remote control that stores away magnetically to the front panel to control its speed, choosing one of 10 settings, oscillation and access the timer function. Plus, with its activated carbon and HEPA filters in the base it can get rid of pollutants in the air such as allergens, pollens, VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) and NO2 to keep everyone at home safe and healthy.
- Sealed filter with activated carbon and glass HEPA filter to capture gases and ultrafine particles
- Dyson Core Flow to project cooling
- Oscillating function 70 degrees to circulate air over wider area
- Timer function: auto off after set time (between 30 minutes to 8 hours)
- Easy filter maintenance with built-in reminder
- LCD screen to show air flow speed, modes and filter life
- Noise level 37-64dB
- Dimensions: 401 (H) x 247 (L) x 254 (W) mm
This award-winning MeacoFan is has a turbine shape. It may not look it from the front but the unit has an almost globe like shape. It features a timer, DC technology (you can power it via USB or mains), and an eco mode. It is also one of the most silent fan out there, starting at only 20dB at the lowest speed. That earns it the Quiet Mark award for near noise free cooling. A handy remote control unit and built-in digital display lets you access all the features. To move it around, use the faux leather strap attached to the top of the unit.
- Smaller of the two MeacoFan in our list, the 650 is another award winning fan
- Oscillation Swing Angles: 40° up, 5° down (manual) and 37° left, 33° right (auto)
- Quiet Mark Award 2019
- Personal fan with USB power option or DC. Low power consumption 3.5watt
- Noise level from 20dB – 50dB
- Timer function: auto-off timer
- Remote control included
- Dimensions: H34.3 x W26 x D25.4cm
The second MeacoFan on our list. This time, the bigger MeacoFan 1056. Again, from the front it may look like a conventional fan but it is anything but that from the side. The MeacoFan 1056 has a deep slightly cone shaped funnel for big air flow. It is also quiet during operation and can push near 360 degrees of air circulation in the room using vertical and horizontal oscillation.
- Super quiet with Quiet Mark Award 2020
- Multi directional air flow with oscillation function for whole room circulation
- Fan diameter 28.5cm
- Easy-touch operation with digital back lit panel
- Oscillation Swing Angles 60° up and 80° left
- Timer function with auto-off feature
- Faux leather handle for ease of moving
- Noise level from 20dB – 60dB
- Dimensions 403(H) x 285(W) x 305(D)
This high velocity 9-inch fan from Xpelair is mounted side wise on an oscillating base that offers 360 degree motorised lateral range. Being side mounted also lets you tilt the fan unit manually up to 90 degrees vertical range. If you prefer for it to oscillate left and right only, it can be set to move 30, 90 or 180 degree for angled air flow. Other features include an 8 hour run down timer, LED status indicator and front and top controls as well as a remote control. Finally, a natural mode pulses the air to emulate a breezy outdoor day while a sleep mode changes the speed of the fan to help cool you down as you get to sleep.
- Blade diameter 9-inch (22.8cm)
- Air flow up to 20 meters with two air flow modes
- 3 speed setting with LED light indicator
- 360 degree oscillation motorised lateral range
- 90 degree manual tilt (vertical range)
- Timer function: 8 hours auto off
- Sleep mode with LED light off and low noise mode
- Remote control included, can be stored in a slot located on the top of the fan
- Dimensions: 8.27″L x 8.27″W x 11.42″H
Woozoo Globe Air Circulator Fan 6.2-inch (15.7cm)
Our next entry is a compact personal fan, the Woozoo SDC15T oscilating globe fan with remote control. It is a small but powerful unit with ten speed settings so you can decide on just the right balance of air and wind noise. There is an optional natural beeze setting that imitates the feeling of the outdoors. A timer function lets you set 2, 4 or 8 hour delayed start time and auto-off timer. Finally, for maximum coverage, the fan has an oscillating function that can be set between 60, 90 or 120 degrees left and right.
- Personal oscillating fan (left and right, up and down)
- 3 swing options left/right: 60° 90° 120°, Swings up/down: 0° to 60°
- Blade diameter 15.7cm
- Control panel on base of fan
- 10 speed settings
- Low speed setting for extra-quiet cooling
- Timer function: 2, 4, 8 hours delayed start and auto-off timers
- Remote control included
Bigger model PCF-SDC18T available with blade diameter 19.5cm
Vornado offers quite a few fans with the same profile, this being one of the more popular choices. The Vornado 630 is a mid-size whole room air circulator fan. It comes with a unique signature grill, inlet air accelerator and deep-pitched propeller like blades. Together with the motor, it promises to push air up to 70 feet distance. A side-mounted control knob lets you choose one of three operating speeds. The grill is removable for cleaning. Finally, while it does not oscillate, the stand allows you to tilt the fan unit to direct the airflow.
- Medium air circulator with Vortex circulation for small to midsize room
- 3 speed settings
- Blade diameter: 8.98-inch (22.8cm)
- Moves air up to 70 ft with multidirectional air flow
- Easy to clean
- Noise level: 43-52dB
Powered by a 40W turbo motor, the Honeywell HT900E is capable of generating a large amount of air flow from a small footprint. The stand is even wall mountable so it does not need to take up any room on the desk. The fan has a 90-degree tilting head so it can be directed easily with controls easily reachable on top of the fan. As to be expected, it is a quiet fan at low speed but if you ramp this up, it can be quite noisy. But at this price point, we cannot really complain. This is easily one of the best value fan in the market.
- TurboForce circulating air up to 27 feet from
- 90° variable tilt fan head
- 3 speed settings
- Blade Diameter: 26cm
- Can be wall mounted to save space
- 90° variable tilt fan head
- Noise Level: 39 dB
- Removable grille for easy cleaning
Dyson Air Multiplier AM06 Fan 12-inches (30.4cm)
Bigger of the two Dysons on our list, the Dyson Air Multiplier AM06 is much bigger at 12-inch with a more atypical design from Dyson, a circular air loop to push uninterrupted air flow. The base also carries a motorised oscillator and tilting pivot to direct airflow around the room. The system is both easy to clean and child proof with no visible blades. Dyson claims that the unit is now 75% quieter, uses 40% less energy compared and can multiply air flow as much as 15 times than the previous generation. A small remote control is included and mounts to the machine magnetically when not in use.
- Patented Air Multiplier technology
- Powerful uninterrupted airflow, quiet and cooling
- No fast spinning blades 12-inch (30.4cm)
- Quiet and powerful with 10 airflow settings
- Noise Level: 67dB (Quiet Mark accreditation)
- Sleep timer to turn off after preset intervals (15mins to 9 hours)
- Remote control that stores magnetically in fan
Small and mighty these are, the Vornado Flippi V10 is the biggest in the Flippi family with the others being V6 and V8. The unit uses vortext action to circulate airm with three speed settings. It is equipped with an adjustable tilt head and manual swivel base to easily direct air flow. Finished in high gloss, the desk to fan is both stylish and modern looking in either vintage white or graphite gray. A higher model the Vornado Flippi V Compact offers easy button controls and a small disc like remote control unit.
- Compact desk fan available in three sizes
- Multidirectional air flow, with 5.4-inch (13.7cm) blade diameter
- 3 speed control, Vortex technology move air up to 40 feet
- Oscillation and flip function (manual)
- Available in vintage white or graphite gray
- Noise level: 47-58 dB
Three sizes available V6, V8 and V10 (above).
Superior air circulation with special adjustable height supportive pole (49cm or 85cm tall). Middle of three models with same fan unit (F210, F220 and F230) differing only in height. Traditional padestal fans can be pretty, not the BONECO F220. With its modern side support, it is able to improve on three aspects of fan design, allowing for maximum air intake, deep pitch fan blades for more air and curved front grid to boost the fan airspeed further. The support is height adjustable between 19-inch or 33.5-inch while the head can be turned manually up to 270-degrees.
- 3 unique designs: maximum air intake with side arm, deep pitch fan blades to draw more air and curved front grid boosts the fan airspeed.
- 270° manually rotatable airflow
- 4 speed settings with knob controls
- Elegant and strong stand
- Can be a little loud, noise level 35 – 58 dB(A)
BONUS: Air Pod Cooling Desk Fan
- Bladeless fan technology: blades are hidden making it safe for children
- 90° Oscillation both vertically and horizontally sweep cycle circulates 45 cubic per minute
- Removable wipe clean filter on the back
- Soft touch control panel and digital display
- Sleep mode and remote control operation
- 6 speed settings with 1-8 hours timer
- Noise level 45db
- Available in black or white