Top 10 Must-Have KitchenAid Attachments
The KitchenAid is a hefty investment for a serious Amateur baker. As we talked about the choices (link to old post) when considering a cake mixer, an important consideration was also the adaptability of the machine to other functions.
In the case of the Kenwood, most of these options come packed in the box when you buy the machine. With the KitchenAid however, everything is an optional add-on.
If you have invested in a Kitchen Aid, then over time, you might want to also consider these optional attachments. Most are expensive outside of the United States, but many are highly reviewed and rated.
Top 10 Must-Have KitchenAid Attachments
Here’s our line-up of the 10 best must-have KitchenAid attachments. From citrus juicer to ice cream maker and food grinder, there is bound to an attachment that could be the next addition to your KitchenAid collection:
- KitchenAid Food Grinder
- KitchenAid Mixer Attachment Pack; Grinder/ Mincer, Slicer/ Shredder, Fruit & Vegetable Strainer
- KitchenAid Sausage Stuffer for KitchenAid Mixer
- KitchenAid Pasta Attachment for KitchenAid Mixer
- KitchenAid Stand-Mixer Pasta-Extruder Attachment
- KitchenAid Cone Slicer/Shredder for KitchenAid Mixer
- KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker for KitchenAid Mixer
- KitchenAid Citrus Juicer for the KitchenAid Mixer
- KitchenAid Maximum Extraction Slow Juicer and Sauce Attachment
- KitchenAid Food Processor Attachment
Let’s take a closer look at each of these in turn.
1. KitchenAid Food Grinder
This Food Grinder is mainly to be used for mincing and grinding meat, fish, vegetables and cheese. It is advisable that the food is very cold or semi-frozen before being minced.
Comes with: a 2-sided, 4 blade self-sharpening stainless steel knife, coarse and fine stainless grinding plates and food stomper/wrench. An accessory for this attachment is the Sausage Stuffer featured here on item 3 below. Both the Food Grinder Attachment (FGA) and Sausage Stuffer (SSA) are also available as a pack.
2. KitchenAid Mixer Attachment Pack; Grinder/ Mincer, Slicer/ Shredder, Fruit & Vegetable Strainer
This multi-purpose attachment pack offers even more options than the standard Food Grinder. In addition to mincing and grinding meat, it also includes a slicer and shredder for grating and slicing vegetables and cheese and even a vegetable strainer for pureeing and straining fruits and vegetables.
- Food Grinder
- Fruit and Vegetable Strainer
- Vegetable Slicer and Shredder
- Fits onto all KitchenAid Artisan Mixers
3. KitchenAid Sausage Stuffer for KitchenAid Mixer
Two different sizes of sausage stuffers – to be used in combination with FGA Food Grinder featured on the top of this list (item 1). If you are looking to buy both the Food Grinder Attachment (FGA) and Sausage Stuffer (SSA), these are also available to purchase together as a pack.
4. KitchenAid Pasta Attachment for KitchenAid Mixer
3 pieces of durable stainless steel rollers – one for pasta sheets, one for tagliatelle and one for spaghetti.
The convenience of having two hands to work the pasta (compared to hand cranked versions of the pasta maker) enables greater efficiency in the making of the pasta.
5. KitchenAid Stand-Mixer Pasta-Extruder Attachment
The pasta extruder, different to the pasta attachment, fits vertically on the end of the Kitchen Aid. It comes with 5 plates that will offer a variety of options for pasta (think spaghetti, fusilli, spiralla etc)
6. KitchenAid Cone Slicer/Shredder for KitchenAid Mixer
The cone slicer and shredder attachment for the KitchenAid comes with a slicing drum and two medium and coarse shredding drums. It slices and shreds root and green raw vegetables as well as potatoes, onions, all kinds of fruits, nuts,bar chocolate for toppings and cheese.
7. KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker for KitchenAid Mixer
A freezer bowl, complete with a paddle for attaching to the KitchenAid.
The bowl consists of a double wall – including a freezing liquid layer to keep the low temperature.
It makes up to 1.9 L of soft ice cream, sorbets and frozen treats in 20-30 minutes. For other ice cream maker options: See – link to ice cream makers
8. KitchenAid Citrus Juicer for the KitchenAid Mixer
This Citrus Juicer fits vertically on to the KitchenAid attachment area, and consists of the citrus press area, which drips down through a filter in to a spout, under which you can sit a cup or juice container.
9. KitchenAid Maximum Extraction Slow Juicer and Sauce Attachment
The Slow Juicer and Sauce Attachment as well as the Food Processor Attachment below (item 10) is the latest and most complex of attachments for your KitchenAid Mixer.
- Two-stage slow juicing technology with stainless steel pre-slicing blade and auger assembly
- 2-in1 extra wide feed tube with hopper
- Three pulp screens: low pulp, high pulp and saucing/jams
- Conveniently attaches to the stand mixer with a compact design
- Drip stop control
10. KitchenAid Food Processor Attachment
As with the Slow Juicer above, the Food Processor Attachment is by far one of the most complex of attachments. It is also the most expensive.
- Conveniently attaches to Stand Mixer and turns into a food processor
- Adjustable slicing disc for thick to thin slices
- 2-inch wide mouth feed tube
- Dicing kit with double blade
- Reversible shredding and Julienne discs with separate food wiper
- Tool / disc container included for easy and safe storage