Soups are one of those universally comforting foods, regardless of country or origin. Hearty, heart-warming broth, filled with an assortment of vegetables and meats, cross borders and boundaries.
UPDATED: 1 OCT 2022
Typically the strength and quality of a soup relies on the base stock from which it is made and this is often the most time consuming step of making soup or broth. Of course modern conveniences allow for wonderful time savers in the form of stock cubes and pre-packaged stock.
While not difficult to cook or make, the general making of soup does require care and attention to ensure that it’s ingredients are sufficiently cooked prior to stock being added and consistent stirring ensures that it’s contents do not stick to the bottom of the pan. This is where the electric soup makers are a great addition to any kitchen.
The convenience and simplicity of chucking all the required ingredients in to one pot and leaving it to make your soup ready from scratch in a matter of minutes allows you time to focus on other more important more demanding needs of the day.
Best Electric Soup Makers
Here in this list below, we look at the best soup makers available currently. There are two different soup makers; a jug/kettle style soup maker or blender-style soup maker. The jug/kettle style have heating elements built into the base of the unit that cooks the ingredients and when ready, blends it with the blade attachment on the top cover.
Best Jug or Kettle-Style Soup Makers
The soup makers in this category are marketed in the US as Soy Milk maker. In the UK however, these are sold as Soup Makers.
- Philips Soup and Smoothie Maker HR2204/80 1.2 L
- SoyaJoy G5 Soy Milk Maker and Soup Maker 1.6 L
- Simple Living 7-in-1 Soup Maker 1.6 L
- Idavee – PrestoPure IAE15 Automatic Milk and Soup Maker 1.9 L
- MioMat 8-in-1 Soy Milk and Soup Maker 1.1 L
BONUS: Joyoung DJ12U Fully Automatic Soy Milk Maker 1.2 L
Best Blender-Style Soup Makers
The blender style soup makers are versatile products with the ability to blend and cook soup or does the job of a blender on its own without the heat function. Blender-style soup makers sometimes use friction to cook the food. The other advantage of the blender style soup maker is the removable pitcher for easy cleaning.
- VonShef Fresh Soup Maker 57oz
- Vitamin E310 Explorian Blender 48oz
- Vitamin Professional 750 Blender 64oz
- WantJoin Professional Blender
- Galanz Cooking Blender 60oz
We start with this Philips Soup and Smoothie Maker that can prepare up to 4 servings or 1.2 Liters. The kettle style soup maker has a blender attached to the lid. Remove the lid and you have a kettle jug with its heating element hidden underneath. On the lid is a series of LED indicators and two soft touch buttons for select and power. Choose from 6 preset programs; pureed, soup, chunky soup, cold soup , compote and smoothie. Also, the heating profile allows you to prepare milk based soup. Alternatively, you can use it as a blender without turning on the heat. We recommend starting with the 38 different recipes in the recipe booklet it comes with. You can then decide to get creative with your own ingredients like potato, broccoli, tomato, chicken and more.
Features: Fast heating and blending in as little as 18 minutes, 6 preset programs including milk based soup, 1000W consistent power, 1.2L capacity, free recipe book.
Next on our list is the SoyaJoy G5. Don’t be deceived by its name, it isn’t just a soy milk maker as the SoyaJoy name suggests. It is truly a soy milk and soup maker. The soft touch button and digital display on the lid allows you to choose from grains or soy, dry beans, raw milk, chunky soup, pureed soup and hot cocoa preset programs. The raw milk function is for things like almond milk. There is also a soaked beans and re-heat function. It works pretty much the same as all kettle style soup maker, with the mechanical blender attached to the lid and a heating jug. We like this unit for its super quiet operation and big 1.6-liter capacity.
Features: temperature sensor to stop overcooking, boiler-over sensor to avoid mess, single piece stainless steel interior with no joints or gaps, insulated plastic exterior, super find grinding with grinding funnel.
Electrical kitchen appliances love to boast the number of functions it is capable of pulling off. This Simple Living Soup Maker is no different. As a 7-in-1 multifunction soup maker it is capable of blending and heating vegetable, milkshakes, smoothies, milk from grains, nuts or seeds, cocktails, baby puree, home made sauces and more. Like its counterparts here, it will heat and blend your ingredients to smooth or chunky soup based on your preference. Cooking time is around 30 minutes.
Features: one touch operation, advanced temperature and water level sensors, perfect grind technology, stainless steel exterior, non-stick interior.
4. Presto Pure IAE15 – 1.9 Liter Hot Soy Milk and Soup Maker – KETTLE STYLE 1.9L
The Presto Pure Automatic Soy Milk Machine is the highest capacity machine of its kind. The Presto Pure is capable of making 1.9 liters of milk at a time. That’s just over a half gallon! In thirty short minutes, you’ll have fresh, homemade, soy milk without additives and preservatives like you’d find in store-bought milk, at a fraction of the cost. It can also be used to make make nut, seed, rice, coconut, hemp, oat milk and more. It’s not just for milk, pureed soups, oatmeal (porridge), pastes, and juice are among some of the other things you can make.
- Capacity: 1.9L (1/2 gallon) – largest on the market
- Controls: 7 functions in one machine – make milk, porridge, oatmeal, pureed soup, juice, and more
- Perfect for nut milk such as almond, cashew, macadamias, Brazil nuts, hazelnut, pecan, and pistachio. Try it with seeds such as hemp, quinoa, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, and flaxseed. Works great for rice, coconut, oat milk too
- Dual layer stainless steel body/chamber, filterless grinding for easy cleaning, bottom heating for even cooking
Another soy milk and soup maker that boast more functions than you can count with one hand, this MioMat 8-in-1 unit comes with one touch controls that lets you access all 8 of these preset programs. They include raw milk, creamy soup, cereal milk, chunky soup, soy milk, porridge, smoothie and a clean function. All parts that touches the food is food grade stainless steel. For vegan milk, choose from any seeds, nuts, grains or even legumes to make your own soy, almond, oat, rice, coconut, cashew, amaranth, hazelnut, quinoa, macadamia, pistachio, walnut, potato meal and more.
Features: 750W power output, prepare 40oz (1.2L) of vegan milk, soup, porridge, smoothie and puree using one of 8 preset programs. These include three plant-based milk programs, raw milk, cereal milk and soy milk. Cooking time is up to 35 minutes, while non-cook programs like raw milk, smoothie and cleaning are 12, 5 and 2 minutes respectively. A recipe book with over 90 recipes is included.
This clean and minimalistic soy milk maker from Joyoung is fully automatic with heating and grinding cycles triggered using one of the 8 preset programs. These programs are grains, raw soy, dry or wet beans, rice paste, nuts, porridge, juice or mung bean paste. As you can see from the programs, it works with both dried and soaked soy beans and can also prepare juice, soup, congee and pureed food. The units capacity is sufficient for 5 cups or 5 servings and a stainless steel sieve and measuring cup is included.
At the budget, for under 100 is this VonShef Fresh Soup Maker. It is an automatic multifunctional blender that also does smoothie, blend, cook, make soya, sauce, steam, boil and reheat. Use it to make your favourite soup in just 20 minutes or if you like it chunky, 30 minutes. Just add your ingredients and it will chop, blend, heat and cook. Control panel has soft touch buttons to access different preset programs (chunky soup, smooth soup, steam/boil, reheat) as well as blend and pulse.
Best known for its blenders, the Vitamin E310 Explorian is a low profile unit with a jug capacity of 48oz. Legendary blending with powerful motor and sharp steel blades aside, the E310 has 10 speed settings for every texture and ingredients. A separate pulse function lets you chop ingredients coarsely when added to smooth purees for a hearty soup. However, you won’t find any heating elements here as the heat is generated from those ultra fast and sharp blades. The friction from the blades are enough to generate heat to steam any ingredients in six minutes. Apart from soup, it can also be used to grind nuts and beans to make nut butter or grounds, make frozen threats like ice cream and fruit sorbet, mix batters and knead dough, make smoothies and juices, dips and spreads, dressing and sauces and baby food.
At the top end of the scale in terms of price for a blender (that also makes soup) is the Vitamix Professional 750. It is more than double the price of Vitamin Explorian E310 above and comes with a bigger capacity jug of 64oz. On top of just being able to control the speed settings, you can pick one of 5 presets for smoothie, frozen dessert, soup and puree recipes. And like the Experian, there is also a pulse function. While the jug can carry more ingredients and ultimately make more soup, it is still a low profile container for easy access. This also allows it to be stored under most kitchen cabinets. Again, there are no heating elements, just blades that goes so fast that the friction creates heat to steam the soup in under six minutes. Works like a dream every time.
Galanz is a relatively new entry with a huge glass jug that can prepare up to 60oz of food. There are 8 preset programmes to choose from, accessible from the control panel. These are juice, smoothie, frozen drinks, ice cream, milkshake, sauce, sauce and soup. The high speed 1000 W motor and heating elements offer double cooking and saute action versus just heat from friction. Beyond the presets, select from 3 manual speeds and pulse function for your frozen drinks, ice cream, milkshake, sauce and more.
Thanks to its affordable price, the WantJoin Professional Blender is making waves on the Internet as far as online sales goes. The powerful blender offers 7 functions; a juicer, food processor, smoothie maker, meat grinder, ice cream maker, baby food machine and coffee bean grinder. The control panel is quite simplistic although you need to know which is which. There are two knobs, one that controls the speed and the other controls the timer. For the latter, select 1 to 5 minutes from a quick juice to ice to nuts. Apart from the knobs there are the power switch and the pulse button. To prepare hot soup, set the speed setting to where it says hot soup.
Here, we take a look at some of the older models that might still be knocking around and if so worth a look.
The VonShef Soup Maker makes healthy cooking convenient. By controlling what goes into your soups you can make healthy and tasty soups in just 25 minutes!
- Capacity: 56-Oz (Serves up to 6)
- Create your own fresh & healthy homemade soup & smoothies, and control what goes into your food
- The VonShef Soup Maker will automatically blend and cook your veg into soup to your chosen consistency in just 25 minutes
- Make Chunky & Smooth soups, as well as blend, boil, simmer, make smoothies, cocktails, crush ice & more
- Built in safety controls: Over-spill & anti-dry
2. Soyapower G4 Soup Maker – KETTLE STYLE
The Soyapower G4 is microprocessor-controlled with five function buttons, each optimized for making milk from beans, grains, seeds or unlimited combinations of them.It makes raw soy milks, as well as hot milks, soups, and porridge. The unit is easy to use, simply add water and beans, seeds, or grains(dry or soaked) directly to the pitcher. The pitcher has max./min. water level marks so no guess work there. Grinding and cooking chamber made from stainless steel. Soymilk is cooked for over 20 minutes above 200-degree F. to ensure the inactivation of the enzyme inhibitors.
- All stainless steel construction for the grinding and cooking chamber
- Five automatic, one-button functions for fully cooked milk, soup, and raw vegan milk from beans, grains, and nuts
- 4th generation filter-less design for easy use and cleaning with Perfect Grind Technology for high milk yield
- High tech design complete with advanced temperature and water level sensors and solid-state power controls for superior performance and durability
3. Joyoung DJ13U-D81SG Automatic Hot Soy Milk and Soup Maker – KETTLE STYLE
JOYOUNG’s hot soy milk and soup maker is a fully automatic smart soy milk maker. Its programmes will automatically pre-heat, grind, and cook. Just push a button, the fresh sticky soymilk is ready to enjoy within 20 minutes. While it is marketed first as a soy milk maker, the functions to cook soup is available on the unit.
- Capacity: 900-1300 ml, good to serve 2-4 people
- Functions: Porridge, Rice Paste, Non-staple food, Soup, Energy Soup, Creamy Soymilk, Nutritious Grain, Concentrated Soymilk, Soymilk Fast, Keep Warm, Easy Wash
- Broken-free filtration system, Crushing effect increased by 40%; Patented Intelligent heating 5 step boiled nutrition, nutrition would be fully released
Mester DJ11B-Y78 is a fully automatic home kitchen appliance which uses bottom heating and Micro-pressure boiling technology. First as a Soybean milk machine, the unit also makes rice paste, soup, porridge as well as blend fruits and vegetables.
- Power: 1050 Watts
- Capacity: 1.1 Quarts
- Controls: 5 functions – soya-bean milk, fruit, grain, paste, soup.
- 4 leaves’s high-speed swirling technology make the stiring more adequately.
- It boils soybean milk hermetically by three-dimensional heating, so it is not easy to scum and paste.
- It is very convenient and portable for two handles are designed on the soybean milk machine.
- Double stainless steel insulation to keep warm more and keep from scalding.
5. Gourmet Automatic Soy Milk Maker – KETTLE STYLE
Gourmet Self-Cleaning Automatic Soy Milk Maker BT2018 is easy to use. While it is marketed as a Soy Milk Maker, it also makes bean paste and rice paste, rice porridge and rice congee, cooks and stews soups. With the heat function turned off, this machine also makes fresh juice from vegetables and fruit using its blender.
- Capacity: 1.3-1.5 Liter (or 0.5 gallon; or 4 cups)
- Settings: Preset cooking programs: dry bean soy milk, soaked bean soy milk, rice congee, rice porridge, bean paste, rice paste, soup, stew, fruit and vegetable juice
- Self Cleaning programme with heating or without heating
Montel William’s Health Master Elite is a juicer that blend and process food. The 8-speed Health Master Elite prepares both cold and hot foods; pulverizes, liquifies, and helps retain nutrients in the process. Centrifugal friction cooks food naturally
- Power: 1200 Watts
- Capacity: 60 oz BPA-free pitcher
- Controls: 8 Speed settings
- Stainless steel uni-body blade that includes four super sharp serrated blades.
- Extra-large lid opening to easily add whole fruits and vegetables.
- Makes hot foods like soups, sauces, coffees, and fondues with centrifugal friction to cook foods naturally.
- Makes cold foods like frozen drinks, smoothies, sorbet, and ice cream.
7. 3 Squares SOUP3RB Cook + Blend Blender – BLENDER STYLE
The 3 Squares SOUP3RB Cook + Blend Blender will handle both the prep and cook work at the touch of a button. Unlike other blenders, its built-in 800-watt heating element actually cooks food. Brown meat or sauté onions and garlic with a bit of oil completely hands-free. Cook a decadent tomato cream soup. Whip together a delicious meat sauce for pasta. Even make organic homemade soy milk with ease.
Programmable cook functions for Auto Soup, Simmer, Boil, Sauté and Keep Warm are available. In addition to cooking, the powerful stainless steel blades and intelligent blending controls of the SOUP3RB are ideal for making frozen drinks and smoothies, chopping, blending, pureeing or liquefying with four auto blend speeds and pulse function.
- Power: 800 Watts
- Capacity: 7 Cups / 60 oz stainless steel pitcher and Tritan lid
- Controls: Auto Blend with 4 intelligent pre-programmed speeds to chop, blend, puree or liquefy.
- Auto Soup setting automatically reaches a boils then reduces to a simmer; the perfect method for cooking homemade soups and sauces!
- Pulverize ice and frozen ingredients for delicious smoothies and frosty drinks with the intelligent Smoothies function.
- Sauté setting for hands-free sautéing of ingredients or browning meat. Enhance the flavor of your meal without the work!
8. NutriChef PKSM240BK 3-in-1 Digital Electronic Soup Cooker – BLENDER STYLE
The NutriChef 3-in-1 system combines a Soup Cooker, Blender & Drink Maker all into one convenient unit. Simply add your ingredients for instant food prep ability with blend, mix, chop & cook. It makes everything from sauces, soups, desserts, drinks & more. The large capacity easy-pour mixing container holds your food while you set adjustable blending speeds and temperature settings.
The integrated blender with pulse ability can create a chunky & meaty soup, or whip up healthy & nutritious fruit smoothies. Additional features include front panel touch button controls with LCD display, reheating ‘food warmer’ function for soup prep and automatic power-off safety overflow sensor.
- Power: 900 Watts
- Controls: Adjustable speed & temperature settings with reheating ‘Food Warmer’ function
- Built-in Blender Chopping Blade with ‘Pulse’ Ability
- LCD Digital Display with Touch Button Controls
9. Cuisinart SBC-1000 Blend-and-Cook Soup Maker – BLENDER STYLE
Cuisinart Blend and Cook Soup Maker is a unique blender with a worldwide patent on the cooking technology that actually allows consumers to cook on low, medium, and high which correspond to sauté, simmer and full boil. Then just use the stir function as if you were stirring a pot with a spoon to mix ingredients while cooking. Now, only this blender can cook a batch of soup, sauce and even desserts plus blend a smoothie, crush ice and make vinaigrette.
- Capacity: holds hot liquid up to 48 oz. and cold liquid up to 56 oz in thermal shock-resistant glass container with plastic base
- Power: 900 Watts
- Controls: 3 heat settings (low, medium or high) and 4 speed setting with pulse and stir functions, saute, blends and keep warm
- Digital LED display with push button controls for Temperature and Timer Control (30 minutes countdown)
- Razor-sharp blades quickly chop or mince foods
10. VonShef Fresh Soup Maker Automatic Multifunctional Machine – BLENDER STYLE
The VonShef Soup Maker makes healthy cooking convenient preparing tasty soups in as little as 20-30 minutes. Simply add chopped vegetables and seasoning, turn on and select the consistency setting then wait for 20-30 minutes and the soup is ready to serve. The multi-function soup maker can be used to make soup, blend, cook, make soya milk, make sauce, steam, boil, make smoothie, reheater or boil eggs.
- Capacity: Large 57-Oz Capacity (serves up to 6), easy clean jug
- Effortlessly make healthy and delicious homemade soups in just 20 minutes
- Automatically blend and cook your ingredients into soup to your chosen consistency, whether you prefer chunky or smooth soups.
- Multi-Functional Blending & Cooking System: Soup Maker, Blender, Cooker, Soya Maker, Sauce Maker, Steamer, Boiler
- Doubles up as a smoothie maker for summer treats