Tea Mugs with Infuser – best teapot free tea brewer for one
If you like the ease of making your own cup of tea for one from fine loose leaf teas without the hassle of cleaning up the teapot afterwards, one of these tea mugs with a built-in infuser is your perfect answer.
Nothing can beat the flavour, aroma and colour of tea from loose leaves. While tea bags are convenient, they just don’t quite cut it. Loose leaves, flowers and specialty blends of fruit are the perfect way to enjoy a brew. Getting loose leaves out of the tea pot when washing up, however is another story. It is often difficult to get the leaves out when washing up. Often a strainer will catch fine cut loose tea from the spout but for bigger whole leaves, flowers or fruit bits, it will jam up the spout.
The only way to empty it is through the top of the tea pot by repeatedly filling and emptying the teapot with water. A tea infuser or built-in strainer is what you need for the teapot, but what if you only need to make tea for one? Tea mugs with infusers or stainless steel strainers built-in is the ideal solution for making tea for one and perfect for cleaning up afterwards.
Making the Perfect Cup of Tea for One
- Use one heap of fine loose tea leave of your favourite tea, and put this in the teapot or mug
- Use the right amount of freshly boiling water for one cup into the teapot of mug pouring it over the tea straight away.
- Cover the tea pot or mug and let is brew for 3-5 minutes.
- If you have a strainer, pour your tea over this to remove the loose leave.
- Add your desired amount of milk.
Now if you have a Tea Mug for One with Infuser,
- Put a heap full or more depending on your taste of loose tea leave of your favourite blend into the infuser (porcelain, glass or stainless steel strainer).
- Put the infuser into the tea mug and pour freshly boiled water over the tea leave filtering this through into the mug and only stop when water level has covered the tea leave and infuser sufficiently but not overflowing.
- Cover the mug and let is brew for 3-5 minutes.
- Open the cover and turn it over, leaving it on the table as a dish then lift the infuser and place it on the up-turned cover.
- Add your desired amount of milk
Important: Use only freshly boiled water. Reboiled water dulls the flavour and colour of the tea.
Top 8 Best Tea Mugs with Infuser
Here is our line-up of some of the best tea mugs with infuser we found in the market. Please use the links below to search for the mugs online.
- FORLIFE Curve Tall Tea Mug with Infuser and Lid 15-ounce 47432
- Sweese 2102 Porcelain Tea Mug with Infuser and Lid 15-ounce 47286
- FORLIFE Uni Brew-in-Mug with Tea Infuser and Lid 16-ounce 47120
- Tea Forte KATI Contemporary Insulated Ceramic Tea Brewing System 12-ounce 46938
- Tealyra Peak Ceramic Tea Cup Infuser 16-ounce 44176
- FORLIFE NewLeaf Glass Tea Mug with Infuser and Lid 16-Ounce 44145
- Asobu Tea Mug with Stainless Steel Infuser 12-ounce 42131
- Extremely Fine Mesh Tea Infuser by House Again 47235
1. FORLIFE Curve Tall Tea Mug with Infuser and Lid 15-ounce
Already popular for its Colourful Stump Tea Pot, cups and mugs , FORLIFE brings us the Curve Tall Tea Mug with Infuser and Lid. It has an extra-fine stainless steel infuser with 0.3mm holes and a matching coloured ceramic lid. The outlook is smooth and simple with no prints or designs. There is also an easy to lift handle to remove the tea leave and strainer to achieve the desired strength. Lift it out of the mug once the tea is steeped to the right time and use the upside-down lid as an infuser holder. The cup holds up to 15-ounce of tea.
All components are dishwasher safe. Only the mug and lid is microwave safe.
Dimensions: L 5.5″ x W 3.625″ x H 5.125″ (L 13.9 cm x W 9.2 cm x H 13 cm)
Weight: 1.25 LB. (510g.)
Available in a variety of attractive colours
2. Sweese 2102 Porcelain Tea Mug with Infuser and Lid 15-ounce
Sweese design and make porcelain housewares for the kitchen to the table. The company offers a wide range of dinnerware, table top accessories and tea and coffee cups, mugs and accessories. The Porcelain Infuser Mug it offers is available in white, orange cyan, navy, turquoise and maize. It has a ceramic lid and an extra-fine hole infuser. The lid works as a trivet to hold the infuser when removed from the mug and help catch drips and access tea. Compared to FORLIFE above, this is a minimalist mug with a flat lid.
3. FORLIFE Uni Brew-in-Mug with Tea Infuser and Lid 16-ounce
A second FORLIFE brewing cup in our line-up, this time, the Uni Brew-in-Mug with Tea Infuser. Just like the other mugs we have seen so far, the Uni is also a 16-ounce mug but instead of a breakable porcelain lid, it comes with a silicone lid. Not as elegant as the porcelain lid but the company understands what Uni life is like. Still, the mug has extra-fine hole stainless steel infuser as seen across the FORLIFE range that lets you use a wide variety of tea leaves be it fine or whole leaf. For the desired strength level, steep the tea for the duration it needs to be then lift the infuser out from the mug using the heat-resistant plastic grip. In the same manner as its porcelain counterpart, the lid serves as a drip dish for the infuser when removed. One of the feature that might be useful for storage is that the design is stackable so another mug can sat safely on the lid to save space.
4. Tea Forte KATI Contemporary Insulated Ceramic Tea Brewing System 12-ounce – DOUBLE-WALLED
While Tea Forte’s main line of business is in selling specialty tea and assortments, they also carry an attractive range of teaware. Among this is the KATI Steeping Cup and Infuser, available with a variety of designs and not just plain colours, its easily the most attractive tea mug for one in our list. The mug is also double-walled and is marketed more as a tumbler as it does not have a handle. This also means that it is safe to touch and hold as the double-wall construction keeps tea hot and the tumbler cozy to hold. As it is double-walled, it has a slightly smaller capacity of 12-ounce. Both cup and lid are dishwasher and microwave safe while the stainless steel infuser is dishwasher safe and comes with a hook handle to differentiate it further from the rest. We particularly like the Cherry Blossom and Lotus flower design both shown below.
ALSO: Tea Forté KATI Cup Ceramic Tea Brewing Cup with Infuser Basket and Lid for Steeping, Loose Leaf Tea Maker, Lotus
5. Tealyra Peak Ceramic Tea Cup Infuser 16-ounce
Tealyra is another company that sells loose tea, matcha tea and flowering tea chiefly but carries a wide range of teaware such as tea maker, carafe, travel mug, tea pots, tea infusers, cast iron teapots and what we are most interested in, tea mugs with infuser. The Peak Ceramic Cup with Infuser is one of three tea mug with infuser offerings. The others are made of clear glass with infuser called the perfecTEA and Venus Double Wall Cup Infuser.
The Tealyra Peak Ceramic is a handsome mug with heavy thick wall to keep the tea at warm temperature for longer. It has an equally big and thick lid that doubles as a drip tray for the strainer. The stainless steel strainer has a straight flat handle and sits nicely in the mug with its non-slip silicon gasket and even with the lid on during steeping. The mug, lid and stainless steel strainer is dishwasher safe while only the mug and dish is microwave oven safe. For it size, it has a even bigger 16-ounce capacity.
6. FORLIFE NewLeaf Glass Tall Tea Mug with Infuser and Lid 16-Ounce – CLEAR GLASS
NewLeaf Glass Tea Mug with Infuser from FORLIFE is based on clear glass with a stainless steel infuser basket with handle and stainless steel lid with silicon rim. As with other FORLIFE products, they would jump at the opportunity to inject colour and fun even for a glass mug. In this case, the NewLeaf Glass Tall Tea Mug is offered with lids with different coloured silicone trims. A red one is shown below but you have the option of orange, lime, turquoise, marine, white or black. The extra fine infuser lets you brew fine tea to large whole-leaf tea and as with other mugs featured here, the lid doubles as a coaster and drip dish for the infuser. The glass mug is made from Borosilicate glass for thermal shock resistant and is microwavable but hand-wash is recommended. The lid and infuser are however dishwasher safe. Still, it has a big 16-ounce capacity matched only by Tealyra Peak Ceramic Tea Mug.
- Dimensions: L 5.125″ x W 3.75″ x H 5″ (L 13 cm x W 9.5 cm x H 12.7 cm)
- Weight: 0.625 LB. (283g.)
7. Asobu Tea Mug with Stainless Steel Infuser 12-ounce – CLEAR GLASS
If you are looking for a smaller tall glass, the Asobu Tea Mug with Stainless Steel stainer has a smaller 12-ounce capacity. The lidc can be turned into a trivet to hold the infuser. Both lid and mug are dishwasher and microwave safe while the stainless steel infuser is dishwasher safe. It comes with an artistic rectangle and oval handle and as it is glass, you can judge how strong you wish your tea to be before lifting up the infuser. The fitted lid sits on the stainless steel chamber to cover the teacup and keep the heat in.
8. Extremely Fine Mesh Tea Infuser by House Again
Fits Standard Cups, Mugs, Teapots
Here is an option for those who wish to use their own mug or teapot. An infuser and lid designed to fit most standard cups, mugs and teapots from House Again. The stainless steel infuser has a heat proof silicone rim while the lid is also made of the same silicone material. It fits openings between 2.36″ to 3.27″ wide with a depth of 3.6″. Just be sure to get the