With coffee drinkers making up, up to 50% of the total American population*, and up to 400 million cups* of coffee drunk daily in America alone, coffee is a huge deal – not just in America but also all over the world.
Whether it’s the aroma that appeals or the dark bitter taste of a dark roast, whether you have it as an espresso shot or a long Americano, black white, with milk or without, the seemingly infinite options ensure that even if you’re not the biggest coffee fan you might find something that you like.
That said, the amazing diversity with which this drink can be created has also been a result of the numerous ways in which coffee can be brewed; from a completely automated bean to cup coffee machine, to a beautifully artistic drip-wise cold coffee brew left overnight.
10 Amazing Coffee Makers that Celebrate the Art of Coffee
Here in this post, we want to celebrate not just this universally loved drink, but the beautiful, numerous and diverse ways in which it has come to be made, from a slow-drip steeped cold brew, to a flamed inverse siphon to a lever activated espresso machine. We look at the diversity and the beauty of these coffee makers.
1. Dutch Q Cold Brew Coffee Machine – COLD BREW
Iced or cold brew coffee maker built in a wooden stack in the shape of the Eiffel tower. Great for home or office.
As a former research chemist, this glassware certainly appeals and is reminiscent of a serious experiment underway. The Eiffel Tower Home Hand Drip coffee maker is a cold-brew coffee machine that relies on gravity to filter coffee through. The general advice is to leave the brew in the fridge for 3-4 days for best taste.
- Size: 785X340mm(30.9X13.4inch)
- Material: Water Tank, Coffee Cup -ABS, PC (not glasses) / Airtight Bottles -Glass / Stand -Wood, / Tube -Silicone
- Composition: 3 Upper Water Tanks, 3 Coffee Containers, 3 Upper Silicone Tubes, 3 Airtight Bottles, 3 Covers(Lids), 3 Control Valves, 3 Lower Silicone Tubes, Wood Stand
- After coffee extraction, leave in the fridge for 3~4 days for the best taste.
This drip coffee set requires your off the shelf paper filter, ground coffee and hot water for your cup of freshly filtered coffee.
This Olive wood stand coffee set is a beautiful example of functional yet beautiful glassware. The set up is very simple with a glass conical filter (to be fitted with filter paper as required) that drips in to a small jug container which has a 1-4 cup capacity.
- Practical capacity of 1-4 cups
- Includes measuring spoon and 100 paper filters
- Borosilicate glass and olive wood
- Made in Japan
- Hario V60 Olive Wood Stand Set
A more advanced version of the above, without relying on disposable coffee filter paper, the Yama Glass Silverton comes with steel or ceramic filter (check before making your purchase) and coffee on tap to control the flow of your brew.
Similar in design to the Hario Olive Wood Stand above, this Yama Coffee Dripper also works in a similar drip-down function, the difference lying mainly in the use of the metal or ceramic filters instead of filter papers. The Yama Coffee Dripper has a valve below the filter that will allow control of the drip rate and therefore the steeping time for a cold-brew. The glass bottom is borosilicate glass and is dishwasher-safe.
- Experience the full bloom and flavor range of your selected bean, using either the included metal or ceramic filters.
- For crafting cold brew, the valve below the filter allows fine-tuning of drip rate to control steeping time for the perfect coffee strength.
- Borosilicate glass top and bottom are dishwasher-safe and easy to clean; bottom beaker is also microwave-safe for reheating.
- Permanent stainless steel filter allows those wonderful aromatic oils to pass through for fullest body and depth of taste.
- The bottom beaker holds up to 550ml/18.5oz liquid; enough for you and a friend
The Flair espresso maker is certainly a thing of beauty and flair. With a relatively small foot print, detachable brewing head and being completely manual, requiring no electricity or electronics, it’s small size makes it easily portable and it even comes with it’s own carrying case and tamper.
- Nothing to plug in or break down, no batteries or electronics
- Handcraft your own double shot professional espresso at home or outside
- Only espresso maker with detachable brewing head
- Easy to use and portable – comes with carrying case and polycarbonate tamper
- Built to last; aluminium press stand and stainless steel brewing head
Mechanical, industrial, metallic and long lasting are what you would describe the ROK Presso, manual espresso maker to ‘press’ your own cup of coffee.
Another manual espresso maker, the ROK relies on the even distribution of force over two handles that work to provide sufficient pressure to brew a quick perfect espresso. Designed like something that would fit perfectly in an industrial workshop, the ROK is a combination of good design and practical application.
A solid base supported by rubber, slip-resistant legs, and it’s compact size makes it a perfect gadget to sit on your counter for that perfect brew every morning.
- Polished metal frame built to last
- No electricity needed
- Base has four rubber, slip-resistant legs to protect your countertop and prevent the espresso maker from sliding
- A red body variety is also available
And if you prefer to prepare your own, freshly grounded coffee beans, there is a manual, hand cranked coffee grinder from ROK.
Drip or filter coffee maker with a stylish all purpose server that you for other drinks.
A gorgeously simple set-up for drip coffee the Gino Pour-over is made up of two parts, a server and a pour-over dripper (hot water tap not included), both made of borosilicate glass. The set also comes with a box of 100 natural wood pulp filters to help you get started. A very low-tech set up of simple drip filter coffee, the Gino comes with nothing other than the instruments required to filter coffee, yet this simplicity coupled with your favourite grounds, will give you the joy of watching the creation of your trickling brew each morning.
- Set includes one (1) GINO server, one (1) GINO pour-over dripper, and one (1) box of 100 filters
- Materials: hand-blown, double-walled borosilicate glass server and dripper; natural wood pulp filters
3-in-1 press, drip or immersion specialty coffee maker with automatic press.
The Trinity ONE is a drip-immersion coffee maker designed to produce the best drip coffee with minimal interference. Made of stainless steel and walnut timber with a double-walled brew chamber, the filter head allows some control over the flow. This allows you to decide how long to steep your coffee, stop drips, use multiple cups or even cold brew. The weighted stainless steel cylinder moves down on it’s own to ensure uniformity in your brew every time.
- Experience a brewing appliance for specialty coffee: functional, minimalist brewing
- High quality stainless steel and black walnut timber with a double-walled, insulated brew chamber
- Filter head allows you to control the flow in order to steep coffee, stop drips, pour into multiple cups, and cold brew
- Weighted, 2.25kg stainless steel cylinder moves on it’s own for same result every time
With vacuum syphon coffee makers gaining popularity, with its appearance in some mainstream cafes, its time to get your own.
The Heisenberg Syphon coffee maker by GROSCHE has a unique design that looks beautiful in any home or office. Heat resistant borosilicate glass construction is light weight, safe with open flames and durable. It can be used with aftermarket burners, as well as with the included alcohol burner (flammable fuel not included). Package Includes Alcohol Burner (without flammable fuel) and Scoop. The Syphon Coffee maker is for true coffee -perfectionists. It is not the most easy to use coffee maker, but it gives you a unique control over the coffee brewing process, and smooth flavour. It Brews 3 cups of coffee to perfection in only 10 minutes.
Slightly more complex than your standard top down syphon, the balance syphon has a unique automatic delivery coffee system.
- Syphon Coffee Maker for 3-5 Espresso Cups (500ML– about 17 OZ)
- Beautiful Gold or Silver Color body with wooden board base finished in natural or black
- Stainless steel water retainer and plug
- Item included heat-resistance glass, alcohol burner. Plated balancing shaft, and handle, measuring spoon and glassful cup.
The ultimate in coffee making art, this professional press exudes charm, class and quality simply by being.
A lever electric coffee machine from the Italian manufacturer, La Pavoni, the La Pavoni Professional has double the capacity of the Europiccola (a smaller lever coffee machine) with a boiler that holds 1.6 litres of water. All metal parts, pressure gauge, glass water level indicator, solid and sturdy base as well as steam wand, all you need to make your favourite hot beverage.
- Chrome Plated Brass Boiler and chrome base for modern look. More traditional look with lacquered copper finish and gold base and wooden handle also available (below)
- Interchangeable steam wand/automatic cappuccino device and Wooden handles and Boiler Cap
- Steam pressure inside the boiler kept at a constant 0.8 bar
- Power: 1000 watt
- Steam always immediately available (up to 10 minutes without refilling)
- Capacity: 1.6 litre boiler makes 16 espressos without refilling
- Other colour combinations available: Chrome Deluxe PL, Chrome Wood PLH and featured here the La Pavoni Professional Gold PRG with Wooden, there is a La Pavoni to suit everyone.